Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tim Peter

During the past few weeks, I have spent a great deal of time with Dr. Tim Peter. As we have been preparing for Christmas at Luther, he has been helping Dr. Hightower get his bearings and gear up for his first C @ L experience. Therefore, I have heard him speak a great deal and I love it. T.P. is such a nice person with such a happy demeanor. He gains respect from the students so easily. I've rarely heard the man yell or seen him get angry. He speaks with confidence and is not afraid to say when he's wrong. He listens to his other colleagues and also asks opinion of the students involved in C @ L performances. One aspect of his speech that I really enjoy, and that I think makes him effective, is his use of humor. He is really funny. He knows the importance of a good laugh to a production that can be incredibly draining to those involved. Finally, when he is conducting, he has a look of pure joy on his face. It really is awesome to behold. That is what music is all about. Tim Peter is a great speaker, director, and most importantly, person. He positively effects the people he comes in contact with. I admire this and would someday like to emulate it to my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment